Ex Playboy Bunnies Forum Index Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beauty Products

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ex Playboy Bunnies Forum Index Page -> Cottontail Chatter Cafe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandy
Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Beauty Products Reply with quote

Oh Alan, this is so great. A big hug and profound thanks to you, for doing this for us.

Ok ladies, what beauty products do you swear by? I have always been a Clinique girl....the 3 step program.......cleanse, tone and moisturize. I have done this since I was 16 years old and I'm now 54. I also use their daily eye benefits every night. Just pat gently around the eye area. And I ALWAYS moisturize my neck, before bed. I use anything for that, cold cream, free samples of night cream, etc. (When you buy make up at the department store, ALWAYS ask for samples.)
My hair is really long, almost to my waist, so I have a real problem with tangles, when I wash it. I have discovered two products, which are amazing. Herbel Essence Hello Hydration conditioner and Garnier Fructis deep conditioner. I first, finger comb through, and then I use a wide tooth comb to finish distributing. Rinse and .....NO TANGLES. I am so happy, as I was losing my hair trying to get the tangles out! I was going to cut my hair recently, but my friend, Bunny Wanda, brought me to my senses. "We are from the hippie generation" she said. So true, my long hair is a big part of who I am and how I feel most comfortable.
As I have gotten older, I have toned down my make up. I wear earth colors and I always wear pink lipstick (or natural color) I found this translucent powder, made by Physician's formula,....it looks like an artist's pallet......it's a variety of colors.....the idea is, you take your cosmetic brush and swirl it over the compact of colors and go over your whole face with it. It seems to create a perfect color, with a bronzing effect. Make sure you pick out the correct tone for you. Mine is translucent/beige, since I am very fair.

Thanks again Alan, for this cool forum and as always, for looking out for the Bunnies.
Love,
Sandy Bunny
Bunny Laurie
Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love that Clinique!

I live in Southern California, where we get those horrid Santa Ana winds a few times a year. Sometimes they blow for days at a time - reducing the humidity to 15%, which can turn your skin to parchment.

The ONLY product I use during Santa Ana time is Clinique's Moisture On Line. I've tried everything else out there in product land and this is the only thing that works for me.

I also love their mascara!
Sandy
Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Laurie Wave

I have dry skin also, so in the winter, I really slather on the Clinique Superdefense. It's really creamy and rich.

I always get samples of their mascara, in the bonus bag promotion. They have so many different kinds, but they are pretty good. I generally use Maybelline, Lash Expansion. I love it. It works the best for me.

I also use (and LOVE) Clinique Aromatics and Simply, fragrances.

Bath and Body Works is like a Candy Store for me. I love their Body Washes. Right now I am using the Lime Coconut one. You can usually get 3 for $10.00.

Love, Sandy Bunny
evebarbara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using a sunscreen has always been important to me. As I've gotten older(53) and kids have grown I spent more on me. I love Clinque anti aging products, but have found the best makeup for me is Bobbi Brown, the colors as so natural.
Sandy
Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi evebarbara,

Crazy as it sounds, I have never used a sunscreen. I can't stand slathering that stuff on. I hate the feel of it and I am afraid it will clog my pores. My solution is just to stay out of the sun. LOL

I've never tried Bobbi Brown products. I've used Clinique since I was like 15 years old, I think. (I'm 55 now) I really think it has helped me to maintain a fairly youthful appearance. I especially love their night eye cream.
I recently have stopped using foundation. (I always used sheer foundation!) Now I have discovered mineral makeup. I just dust on, with a brush, Physicians Formula (available at drug stores) multi colored light bronzer. It gives me an overall healthy color, (since I am so pale.) I also have recently stopped using pink lipstick. (again, I am too pale for this, as I've grown older). I use Clinique Color Surge, in Pink Chocolate. It's dark, but with a touch of pink.... and gives me lips!

I still use eyeshadow. In an earthtone, brown. (Cat Cosmetics has great eyeshadow) www.catcosmetics.com First, cover entire eye, with a neutral beige color. I love Estee Lauder Pure Color eyeshadow in "sand box" for that. Get a good eyeshadow brush and when you apply the darker color, go to the crease in the eye and use a windshield wiper effect. Then blend over the eyelid itself.

I've stopped using eyeliner pencil. As I grown older, it just wasn't working for me anymore. So I bought a slanted eyeliner brush. I press the brush into black eyeshadow and ever so slightly, press onto my eyelash line. It's so easy and the results are better than any pencil. It stays on without smearing all day! I use a sponge brush and press into black eyeshadow again, for the lower eyelash line. I dot it on, because any more than that, will drag your face down. Use a Q tip to blend the dots.

I slather any old beauty cream onto my neck at night. Lately it has been Moonlight Path, Pleasures, from Bath and Body Works. (the lavender oil in it, helps me to fall asleep too) The neck and hands are actually the first thing to show age. My neck has been moisturized since I was a teenager, so now, it doesn't look bad. I have always creamed my hands as well and worn gloves in the winter. I have no age spots, so it must be working! Also for really dry hands and feet, put Vaseline on and wear socks and gloves to bed. Looks strange, but the results are magic.

And don't forget your eyebrows. Buy a good eyebrow kit and use it. The color and the wax kind. I use Benefit. Lastly, your eyelashes must be curled! My favorite mascara is Maybelline, Lash Extension, or Volume Express. No spider eyes....so one coat will do. (I never mastered false eyelashes, except for Halloween)

So I stick with Clinique, for my skin, but I experiment madly with other products for eyeshadows and such.

To remove all of this "art".....I use Almay make up remover pads......they come in oily or non oily. (I use the oil) and to remove powder and bronzer I use, Ponds Clean Sweep Towelettes. Follow with the 3 step Clinique program.... Soap, Toner and moisturizer.

Quite a lot of work.........does anyone really notice? LOL (It's a girly thing, we must do it) LOL

Love,
Sandy Bunny
evebarbara

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sandy. Thanks for the welcome.

I started using Bobbi Brown foundation about 10 years ago. I have red hair and the fair skin that goes with it. This past year I've been using the tinted moisterizer instead of foundation. I've always loved Clinque too. I've used the #2 toner for years.

I use sunscreen because I work outdoors at a living history museum and I burn easy and others I work with have had skin cancer so they keep me scared.

As I've gotten older (53) I find I use less and less makeup. I do use eyeshadow but a light taupe, very natural. I never could use false eyelashes, as a Bunny I had to wear them.
Nicole
Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: beauty routine Reply with quote

Omigosh, Sandy! I've just now read your post about your beauty routine and I'm simply amazed at how disciplined you are. No wonder you still look so beautiful.
I'm ashamed to admit that I've done nothing for almost 20 yrs not even dying my hair. This from a former Revlon make-up artist....I'm embarassed to admit this but it's true. Embarrassed
However, I've added walking 5 miles to my daily routine and drinking fruit and vegetable juices...my favorite being fresh carrot and apple juice which seems to be keeping my skin supple. I've also stopped smoking years ago( though I still crave the odd cigarette and still enjoy the smell of it especially on a man...go figure).
I think I've just become lazy.
Bunny Nicole
Sandy
Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Beaty Routine...Part 2 Reply with quote

Hi Nicole! Wave

First, thank you for your compliment. Embarrassed
It was interesting to read my old post, regarding my beauty routine. It has changed somewhat. I am back to pink lipstick, only. The darker shades seemed to be aging...for me. I saw photos and I realized that pink is youthful, on me. So pink it is! I also use a pink gloss (on top of the pink lipstick) on the lower lip...just in the middle. You should see how it shows up, in photographs! Shimmery and dazzling. Clap
I also went back to wearing foundation. I use Clinique Dewy Smooth anti aging makeup, in neutral light. It is very creamy and soothing to your skin. I love it. I stopped using the mineral powder...it was too drying. Now I use Clinique superpowder double face makeup, in matte ivory. It is non drying and feels smooth on your skin.
Again, I can't say enough good things about Clinique, for your skin. I've used it for over 40 years!
I have also since, changed my mascara. I can't believe how great this mascara is.....Cover Girl, Lashblast....in black. It goes on so easy....no clumping....instant lashes!!

Good to hear, how you are walking so many miles! Wow. That's great....talk about disciplined!
And fruit and vegetable juice...you can't go wrong there. I also love green tea. I make a great iced tea recipe, with it.......in my coffee maker.....and drink it all year round. It has those antioxidants in it...that we all need. It's delicious.

I had to laugh when you said you enjoy the cigarette aroma on a man....so do I. Go figure, is right. Ha Ha
I quit smoking back in 1983....I was a late starter and only smoked for about 8 years........(still bad) but I also to this day, still crave one every now and then. I never would actually have one...but the craving never goes away. My Mom used to say "Sandy, how will you ever be able to drive, now that you have quit smoking?" (I used to get in the car....start it up...put the heat or AC on.....pop in an 8 track tape (YEP an 8 track..ha ha) fluff my hair....check my make up in the mirror....and light up a cigarette!) I can still see my Mom's face at the front door....shaking her head and laughing. Fond memory.

And Nicole, I have seen recent pictures of you and you are still beautiful.
Love,
Your friend,
Sandy Bunny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ex Playboy Bunnies Forum Index Page -> Cottontail Chatter Cafe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: