Ex Playboy Bunnies Forum Index Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What memorabilia do you have?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ex Playboy Bunnies Forum Index Page -> General Playboy Club discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keelerphoto

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: What memorabilia do you have? Reply with quote

Hi Dave here,

I'm new here and a friend of Miami Bunny Carol Vitale for 20 years, shes doing fine.

Anyway what Memorabilia do you have?

I have 2 Bunny Tail plaques, "Caught live at the Playboy Club", an original & complete blue Bunny outfit from the 70s, a Playmate Pendant, a jazz festaval 1984 tour jacket, a Lansing Playboy Club satin jacket, a pool Bunny pin, an orange table candle, an older playboy stuffed display toy rabbit with the big P on shirt, VIP magazines, a gold playboy pendant, and various LP records autographed by Hugh Hefner.

I've been a press photographer for years now in the Los Angeles area. I've been photographing Mr Hefner out and about for years now.

Best, David
keelerphoto

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan. BTW, do you have Playboy Club things in your collection that you cherish? Smile
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, what Bunny-related junk haven't I foolishly bought!? Laughing

I rarely buy anything these days because I've never really been into collecting things and also because I got done by an eBay cheat 'selling' London Playboy Club photos. Mad But at least it provided a cure for the Bunny bric-a-brac buying frenzy.

(And so much for PayPal and their USELESS claims procedure!)

Anyway...

My Bunny memorabilia:

1 standard, complete Bunny costume. Black. Atlantic City circa 1980.

1 pair of blue satin ears and tail, late Sixties.

2 "Caught Live At the Playboy Club" Bunny Tail plaques. One from the Sixties, the other from the Seventies.

Various Playboy Club guest packs (those things in the wood effect folders

47 issues of VIP (plus a photocopy of issue 48, thanks Ronnie!).

Various Bunny photos, professional and Polaroid.

Various other Playboy Club paper promotional material. Newsletter, menus, postcards, etc.

The special editions. Including the pocket-sized "Playboy Bunnies" (1970), "Playboy Bunnies" (1974). And the three flat-backs: "Playboy Bunnies" (1972), "Playboy Bunnies 2" (1979),"Playboy Bunnies 3" (1983).

Most books about Playboy and the Clubs. Best of all Kathryn Leigh Scott's "The Bunny Years", but also Playmate Bunny Surrey Marshe's ghost-written "The Girl in the Centerfold" and the interesting but often spiteful and confused "Point Your Tail in the Right Direction" by Jeri Emmett (but again, ghost-written).

Various US and UK magazines profiling the Playboy Clubs (including the two issues of SHOW that carried Gloria Steinem's famous "A Bunny's Tale" article, more famously known under it's reprinted title "I was a Playboy Bunny").

Oh, and best of all, 1 Ex Playboy Bunnies website... Wink
keelerphoto

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your closet looks like mine, except the website. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I did get a Playboy jacket from the early 70s (with patch) recently.
johnnymoretti
Management

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay...let's see....

Nearly every magazine from 1956-1984

Nearly every Album from those years

A piece of the Playboy Bunny Head carpet from the lobby of the GG hotel as it was being dismantled.

Pewter plates from the VIP room at GG

Stemware from the VIP (those huge gargantuan wine glasses!)

Menus from GG

Slide photos of the 'after Playboy GG' party at the nearby George Inn Bar in McAfee, NJ where we all gathered to lick our wounds after the hotel closed.

Various pendants, bracelets, paper memorabilia, autographs from most of the entertainers from the time I was there, including Howard Cosell, Spinks, George Foreman, Sugar Ray Leonard, Jersey Joe Walcott, Joey Bishop, and many others.

Oh....and nothing is for sale. So please don't ask.

:)
1979-1980
www.johnmoretti.com
www.operationplayground.org
Sandy
Bunny

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Alan, you have a lot of memorabilia!

Love to you,
Sandy Bunny

Last edited by Sandy on Fri May 26, 2006 5:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Nicole
Bunny

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: memorabilia Reply with quote

I would love to have been given one of my Bunny costumes. Rules were strict at the Montreal Club where it was absolutely forbidden to take any part of our costume outside of our workplace. My costumes were red and black and the only thing I can remember doing that broke the rules was selling my Bunny tail to a customer for $50.00 and telling our Bunny Mother Shirley that he had had stolen it.

Sandy, I've had a look at your photos and they are delightful. You are, indeed, a beautiful woman.

I will be uploading some of my pix to the computer as soon as I learn how to do it. I think I may need a scanner as well ,and as of now, don't have one.

Love and friendship.....Nicole

Last edited by Nicole on Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Sandy
Bunny

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your kind comments about me.
I know what you mean about posting your photos. It took me a while to figure it out...and the scanning too. LOL Go to freecycle.com and see if you can get a scanner.

What year were you at the club?

Looking forward to seeing your pics!

Love,
Sandy Bunny

Last edited by Sandy on Tue May 23, 2006 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nicole
Bunny

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: memorabilia Reply with quote

Hi Sandy,

I had a black costume and a red one, and so wished I could have kept one. But the thought that I could be searched and caught was more than I could bear. Selling my Bunny tail made me feel guilty for the longest while.

I understand now that rules were broken all the time--Bunnies dating customers--Bunnies being picked up by boyfriends close to the Club totally disregarding the 1 mile radius rule--Bunnies having drugs in their lockers etc. etc. etc. We were not even allowed to keep aspirins with us. Should we have need for them we were to ask our Bunny Mother to provide them.

One day, a lovely Bunny doing a promotion with a Montreal radio station giving out the weather report from their helicopter facetiously blurted out:"Wish I could be this high all the time!". Needless to say she was fired the moment her feet touched the ground. The rules were that strict.

Anyway Sandy, to answer your question----I was hired for training in April 1967 and the Club itself opened in June 1967. I worked for 1 full year and quit because of exhaustion. Then Tony Roma offered me a job as 'Living Room ' manager which I regretfully declined for the above reason.

Love,

Nicole

Last edited by Nicole on Mon May 29, 2006 1:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Sandy
Bunny

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nicole,

We bought tails all the time.
I agree, the rules were very stict when we were bunnies.

Take care.
Love,
Sandy

Last edited by Sandy on Tue May 23, 2006 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ex Playboy Bunnies Forum Index Page -> General Playboy Club discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: