Ex Playboy Bunnies Forum Index Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playboy photographer David Chan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ex Playboy Bunnies Forum Index Page -> General Playboy Club discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicole
Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Playboy photographer David Chan Reply with quote

Does anyone know or remember David Chan? Is he still an official Playboy photographer?
I met him several times back in 1967 when he came to Montreal to do photo shoots and even had him at the house for supper once. My husband kept plying David with questions about Playboy Playmates and models but David was far more interested in discussing my then- husband's work who was a clinical psychologist. It was interesting listening to their banter and learning from both of them how they felt about their immensely divergent work.
David was such a sweet, interesting and kind person. I would love to have news about him.
Regards, Nicole
Linda
Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: David Chan Reply with quote

Hi Nichole, Very Happy
I remember David very well. He was my photograper while I was at Playboy. He was a dear, made you feel like everything was ok, like you were fully clothed Embarrassed
Linda Wave
Linda
Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: David Chan Reply with quote

OOOPS Embarrassed Nicole, not Nichole, sorry.
Nicole
Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: David Chan Reply with quote

Hi Linda Wave
Although I never posed for him, I always felt that he was a dear heart and I could see that the ladies would have felt very comfortable with him. He was a gentle, kind and talented person.

I wonder if he is still working for Playboy---he must be in his 70's now. Do you still have the photos taken by him Linda? Have you kept in touch with him?

Kind Regards, Nicole Pink Playboy Logo
Dianne Chandler
Playmate Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Chan is retired & living in Canada, on the West Coast, in Vancouver, I believe. I am in close contact with my friend & playboy photographer Cynthia Kaye who worked closely & often with DAvid, and she keeps in touch with him. We were talking about him just the other day. Sounds like he is enjoying his golden years. I worked with him a few times during my Playmate shoot and also for a couple of articles in the magazine. If anybody **really** wants to get in touch with him I can try to get an email address -- just let me know. Best & fastest way to contact me is at dicat966@bellsouth.net. Or thru this forum.
Thanks,
Dianne Chandler - Chicago Club and
Miss September 1966
Nicole
Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: David Chan Reply with quote

Hi Diane, Wave Thanks for the info. I knew he was Canadian but thought that maybe he had become a US. citizen. He may have dual citizenship.

What stories he could tell, don't you think Diane? And what stories YOU have to tell. I've just visited your website and it's most interesting. Is it up to date? Did you have to sign some kind of secrecy agreement as to what goes on or has to how they do things when you became a Playmate?

I know Playboy treats it's employees very well since most of them stay with the company for ages. Just look at David. He must have worked for Playboy for at least 30 yrs. if not more.

So, again, thanks and keep in touch.
Kind Regards....Nicole Playboy Logo
Donna
Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: David Chan Reply with quote

I remember David Chan very well. He came to Phoenix to photograph me in 1968. He was the greatest guy to work with and I will never forget him. We shot pictures for 2 days, ate lunch and even grabbed some ice cream in between takes. It was great fun, he made me laugh and working with him was so easy. He was a true artist, very capable of putting you at ease in front of the camera. Between his very refined language and my Texas accent it was pretty comical. Years later I contacted him through the Playboy Club and received a reply back from him and I was just thrilled. I still have that card. He was after all, more than just a photographer. He was my friend. I hope is is somewhere sitting with the sun on his face, wearing that same sweet smile he gave to all of us who had the pleasure of working with him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ex Playboy Bunnies Forum Index Page -> General Playboy Club discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: