Ex Playboy Bunnies Forum Index Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

As we grow older

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ex Playboy Bunnies Forum Index Page -> Cottontail Chatter Cafe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandy
Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: As we grow older Reply with quote

Hi Ladies,

As I've grown older, I have come to realize this. We spend the first half of our lives, accumulating things. And we spend the last half of our lives, getting rid of them. I am in the process of downsizing. What do I need all this "stuff" for, after all? So what I have done, is ,contact woman's shelters, vietnam veterans org. (they give to the poor) animal shelters (the cats and dogs always need blankets, rugs, towels, to sleep on) I even donated my stuffed animals I had as a kid, to them, so they have something to snuggle, in their cages. Food and litter are always much appreciated also. To the woman's shelters, I have donated toiletries, mostly. They are in dire need of these. This year I am donating my Christmas tree and all ornaments, (except the special ones)......to the vietnam veterans organization. They place donated items, with the families who need them most. My books and Cat Fancy collection from 1973-to the present (I know) are going to the library. I don't need all of the clothes I have, nor purses or shoes. Coats either. Off they go! How many knick knacks and cookware and crockpots and grillers, etc. do I need? It is such a good feeling to be able to do this. Think of all the people you are helping. How much it must mean to them. Remember that saying "you can't take it with you?" It is oh so true.

Love,
Sandy Bunny
Bunny Laurie
Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right Sandy. Who needs all the "stuff"?

Besides, the older I get the less time I want to spend cleaning and dusting!

My motto has become - "If it's not here, I won't have to clean it!" Very Happy
Sandy
Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Laurie, another good reason to get rid of all the "stuff" we have accumulated........who wants to keep cleaning and dusting it? Or just moving it around? Not me.

I just feel that, when it becomes an annoyance to me, off it goes. And it will make someone else happy. We both win.

Take care,
Love, Sandy Bunny
evebarbara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly what I've been doing. It really is a good feeling!
I just found this site...I was a bunny in Baltimore back in the early 70's...would love to get in touch with some other!
Sandy
Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Welcome evebarbara Reply with quote

Hi evebarbara,

Welcome to the site! It is a good site and Alan the Webmaster will help you, with anything you may need help with. Do you have any photos from your Bunny days? If you do, please think about posting them. Alan explains how, in the "Websites comments and announcements" on the forum.

We appreciate you participating in the site! I hope you find some of your Baltimore friends. If you know where some of them went to school, www.classmates.com is a good place to locate them. Spread the word. This site is awesome, thanks to Alan, our dear friend and webmaster.

Love,
Sandy Bunny
evebarbara

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sandy. Thanks for the welcome. I have my black and white Bunny photo. I will get it scanned and mailed in. I wish I had others, but I do have my "Bunny Manual" and my training menus!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ex Playboy Bunnies Forum Index Page -> Cottontail Chatter Cafe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: