Ex Playboy Bunnies Forum Index Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bunny Films made in the 60s on youtube
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ex Playboy Bunnies Forum Index Page -> General Playboy Club discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BunnyFan wrote:
Just wanted to add another clip I found, this one is from a Canadian television in 1967. It shows bunnies, hef, keith and interviews a very expressive bunny. Wink

Thanks for linking to the clip. I first saw this a couple of years ago, but it still amuses me.

The Bunny interviewed is a pretentious, supercilious snob, but her criticisms ring true.

The Bunny Mother seems a little timid and defensive, but gives a honest account.

The interviewer herself gets Bunnied-up and is instructed by Keith Hefner in how to master the Bunny stance. She seems like a riot, and beautifully fills the Bunny costume. I'd rather have seen more of her.
BunnyFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan wrote:
The Bunny interviewed is a pretentious, supercilious snob, but her criticisms ring true.

I couldn't have put it better myself, while i'm not saying that all bunnies were perfect I wonder if an attitude like that was well seen.

Alan wrote:
The interviewer herself gets Bunnied-up and is instructed by Keith Hefner in how to master the Bunny stance. She seems like a riot, and beautifully fills the Bunny costume. I'd rather have seen more of her.

I aggree with that... I also liked the part where the bunny cleans the ashtrays, a small thing but it gives a behind the scenes look at that bunnies actually did more than look pretty and serve drinks.

BunnyFan Bunny
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are links to 4 videos that may be of interest ot some of you.

There are two videos on MySpace that capture an old American news report on the opening of the Hollywood Playboy Club. They show lots of footage that has subsequently been used in documentaries, including many produced by Playboy.

Part 1 - http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=54588241

Part 2 - http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=54635731

The commentary is dumb but then all documentaries/newsreels from the 60s have that patronising tone, whatever the subject. Pathe and Movietone have awful commentaries: patronising and sarcastic.

The third video is a French documentary on Hefner and Playboy from 1967 - "Des lapins et des hommes". The Bunny footage arrives a few minutes into the video, and was filmed, I think, at the Chicago Playboy Club.

http://www.ina.fr/archivespourtous/index.php?vue=notice&id_notice=CPF07011570

Finally here is a video showing a Japanese car commercial from 1983. For the Mazda Cosmo. It was shot outside the New York Playboy Club and features five Bunnies, wearing pink costumes.

http://jalopnik.com/5109472/the-1983-mazda-cosmo-big-run-instant-vip-treatment-at-the-playboy-club

Nice footage in all 4 videos.

I'd love to have the full broadcasts of all the televised Bunny of the Year Pageants shown on the ABC network. This would be circa 1972 - 1983, I think.

*hint* *hint* to the Playboy Archive Department Wink
BunnyFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, how do you find these videos Alan? Very Happy

Thank you very much for posting, and I agree I'd love to see the ABC specials!

BunnyFan Playboy Logo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ex Playboy Bunnies Forum Index Page -> General Playboy Club discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: